Wednesday, December 5, 2007

'Tis great to ski at Grand Targhee


Last Saturday my brother and I went skiing at Targhee. The snow was amazing. Actually, it snowed the entire time we were there. So at the top there was almost no visibility and my eyelashes kept freezing but it was a great great day, subtracting the fact that I am really out of shape. I'm not as good as I used to be, but I've only gone like once per year since I graduated from high school. Now that I'm done with college, I plan to ski more. You know, like twice a year. Just kidding. Drew did get a huge bite out of his snowboard from a big rock. There are still some big rocks, but Targhee really is the only place with snow right now. I rode up the lift with some people from Park City who said they didn't have any snow.

I like to see the different kinds of ski gear out on the mountain. My skis, etc. are pretty old since I never use them I haven't got new gear in a long time. I love the people who still wear full on ski suits. You know, the one-piecers? I took so long to post about this because I really wanted to post a picture of my ski suit from when I was like 9. It was so rad. Maroon with a neon green and pink pattern at the top. Sadly, there are no pictures of me in it.

I have a love/hate relationship with the little kids that are still so small and fearless and good. I think they are amazing, but I am incredibly jealous. I used to be small and unable to fall or get hurt. Now I'm in no hurry to get down the hill. I'm just happy to be there.

No comments: