Monday, March 16, 2009

everyone does it

I know everyone makes blankets out of their old t-shirts but I finally finished mine and I'm super proud of it so I'm going to post it. My mom just helped me bind it last week so I could put it in the Porter's Quilt Show and get a $10 gift certificate. I know. Thanks Mom! I made it with my t-shirts and pants from high school. I actually was wearing most of the pants and some of the shirts up until I decided to cut them up. It was a good thing though. It was time for them to go. I am just a pack rat, sentimental, and I like making things so making new things out of my old stuff is a great idea for me.
This is the front of the blanket, hence the front of the shirts...back of the blanket, back of the shirts.

2 comments:

Fancypants said...

Super cute and you are so patient!

The Payne family said...

I recognize some of those shirts! Wow, you really cut them up!