Sunday, October 11, 2009

Choose my Own Adventure.


So I tried out and made it onto the Salt City Derby Girls Roller Derby League. Dream come true, right? I'm really glad I made it but for some reason am not feeling excited about it anymore. It is 2-3 practices a week and a $300+ investment for skates and gear. I love team sports. I want to get in shape. I learned how to skate (thanks to the help of Nyda the Dead and Alevia Suffering). I want to do it because it is cool. But I feel like I shouldn't. I don't know. What do you think? I don't usually ask for comments, I'm just terrible at making decisions. Will I face an eternity of not being cool if I don't do Roller Derby?

5 comments:

hanner said...

YES. YOU DO. YOU HAVE TO DO IT. This is seriously the best thing I have ever heard! YOU HAVE TO DERBY. This means I can tell people I know a girl who is in a roller derby league.

hanner said...

even more, what is your name going to be??! this is seriously so amazing.

Ann said...

That's great you got on the team! It sure would be a huge commitment though, and I think I'd only join if you really want to do it. Yes, it would probably be super great for all the reasons you mentioned, and yes it would be a fantastic thing to have done, but yes, it would probably take over your life for about a year. And who knows, maybe there is a girl who is dying to do it and is on the waiting list.

Ashley Mackay said...

The cool thing about the SL Roller Girls is they let anyone on the team that can pass tryouts so I wouldn't be taking someone's spot that wants it more than me.

After much thought (Sorry Hannah!), I decided not to do it. I have spent the last couple of days feeling horrible and now that I've decided not to do it I don't feel horrible anymore. I think I knew I couldn't do it, but it took me that long to come to grips with that decision. I'm very happy I made it and was excited to play but I'll just support by watching the bouts from the sidelines.

vdg family said...

I think if you feel like you shouldn't do it then it is probably more than something you ate. ;) Though it would be awesome maybe there is something else you should be doing. Knowing you, you probably have many other things happening for you at this juncture, or you will. :)