Friday, February 1, 2008

Family History

I'm trying to learn how to do family history. One thing I have learned is there are a lot of different ways you can work on it. I am currently scanning a bunch of pictures and documents in a couple of binders from my Grandparents Mackay. Mostly about my Great Grandparents Mackay. They have some cool stuff.

My Great Grandpa Alfred Duncan Mackay used to be a gardener at Windsor Palace. He made the Queen's personal corsages. This are invitations addressed to him, the Royal Gardener. Gorgeous handwriting. Not his, although his is also amazing.
This is a letter with his handwriting:

No one writes like that anymore.
Windsor Palace:

My Great Grandpa Mackay lived until he was 106. He was baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at 99 and went through the temple at 100. Here is a Church News article about him:

No comments: