Monday, March 17, 2008

Three-year anniversary

I have always liked St. Patrick's Day because I like kitschy things. I do not know why we wear green. I do know I do not like being pinched. I used to like watching "Darby O'Gill and the Little People" in Elementary School. They used to put green footprints down the hallway like a leprechaun had walked by. When I was a kid my dad would always claim his pants had green on them because of cow manure stains so we couldn't pinch him, but that was all a farce.

St. Patrick's Day 2005 was the day I flew home from my mission, so it is also a little anniversary day for me now. Once a year I wear this jacket, which I wore on the plane home:

It is reversible and made of the same thing as a hot pad. The thick, quilted kind. I also make badges. One for me and one for my MTC companion Emily:

She is so lucky to have a friend like me.

No comments: