Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ah, Shucks.

The past week in Idaho I've:
Helped my mom pick, shuck, cook, cut, bag, and freeze approx. 85 bags of corn.
Bottled 100+ bottles of peaches (with my mom. She did most of the work).
Visited my grandma in the hospital (multiple times. She's out now, thanks.)
Cut our alfalfa in Sugar City.
Been able to inhale all the way because I'm not afraid of filling my lungs with stinky hot garbage air from NYC.
Drove a car.
Ate food out of our garden.
Used a washing machine IN the same house I live in.
Walked in bare feet outside.
Ate fresh eggs from our fresh chickens.
Took our poor cat with leukemia of the nose to the vet.

That's all I can think of now.

4 comments:

The Payne family said...

Ashley, I bet you are so happy so happy right now. You love doing all of those things. Well, accept taking your sick cat to the vet cause that's kind of sad.

Fancypants said...

As I tell the kids, "I need to sample everything to make sure it's not poison." So send one of everything home with Bruce. Just kidding......I'll be up next weekend and just box up some stuff. hee-hee.

drew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
drew said...

Movin to the country, gonna eat alot of peaches,Movin to the country, gonna eat alot of peaches. Peaches come, some are canned,they are put there by a man, in a factory downtoooownnnn. If I had my little way I'd eat peaches everyday, sun soaking bulges in the shadeee.