Friday, September 19, 2008

American Girl

Back when I was like, 11, I subscribed to American Girl Magazine. In one issue they said if you wanted to have a pen pal, send in a 3x5 card with our address, etc. and they would match us with someone else. I had a pen pal named Amie Senland from then until we graduated from high school. She was from Connecticut. I had never met her, and lost contact, but found her on Facebook! She is in New York at graduate school and a few weeks ago I went to visit her in Bronxville and we finally met! Hooray for Facebook.

3 comments:

jenny said...

That is awesome. My sister gets the American Girl Doll catalog delivered to our apartment. It's hilarious.

VH said...

Hey stranger! You are back in the west???
I totally got the American Girl mag, but never did the pen pal thing. Very cool.

Meg Ruth said...

I LOVED the American Girl Magazine back in the day!