Thursday, October 9, 2008

I'm goin' surfin' 'cause I don't like your face!





My
brother already posted about this, but this Tuesday I was watching the Weezer Pork and Beans video on YouTube and thought they would be fun to see live and figured out they were playing in Salt Lake on that very day. So we went. Whose high school life wasn't defined by Weezer? I particularly remember always singing My Name is Jonas on our way home frome skiing. We could ski no longer, because "the workers are going home". The show was fun. I thought I should go at least once. The thing I really loved about Weezer was how completely dorky they are, but they embrace it and thus are cool. Or at least real. The band before them were trying to hard to be cool they weren't. They were just annoying. So Weezer teaches the lesson that you can like whatever you like and still be cool. I also think they have a genius branding system. No need to name an album when they are color coded. The new Weezer shirts are red (of course) AND the word weezer glows in the dark! Plus, seriously, any song that can fit the two phrases "I don't give a hoot" and "I'm fine and dandy" in the same song are doing pretty well.

No comments: