Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial day to Escalante

I had the best camping trip in Escalante this last weekend. It was rainy (Seth learned in church that the locals had fasted for rain) but great anyway.
This is a hike to Lower Calf Creek Falls

Sarah and I on the giant lizard in front of the visitors center in Escalante

We went to the Petrified Forest

We had a great campfire sing-along that even the neighbors came over to join in. The Toot Sweets accompanied and She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain has never been so crazy.

Sarah and I "won the lottery" as the park ranger put it when his cash register quit working the second we got there so he let us into Bryce Canyon for free!

On our way home we decided to stop somewhere to cook the rest of our food and the only place we could find was a church. It conveniently stopped raining just for our dinner. No one questioned us. Maybe they get a lot of vagabonds in Marysvale Utah.

3 comments:

tyler, terrah, miles and gavin said...

Your trip looks like a lot of fun!

I also like the name of the band you and Sarah have going ... that's awesome! Oh, and your birthday cake is also awesome!

I hope you had a great birthday, Ashley! :)

Holly said...

I am so excited to get to take part in your adventures!!

vdg family said...

This looks so fun! I wish we could come with you!