Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mix-tape 2009 was, I think, a big success...

A big BIG thanks to everyone who came to my party, brought mix cds or even just remembered my birthday. I had a super fun party.


First, check out this amazing cake Char, Bruce, and Nancy had made for my party. Perfect. Amazing. My dream come true! I made a shirt for the occasion with the logo on front and the number 27 on the back (I turned 27 incidentally. My brother asked what the 27 meant. Sheesh...).I seriously loved that cake. Another big thanks to my roommates for helping me get ready for the party. I had a few party games for early party guests. One I stole from Megan's blog and called the Mixed Animal Game. I also had Mix-Tape Bingo where I made bingo cards so as we listened to the mix cds people brought if a song was "from a cd you brought" or "had a girl lead singer" etc., you put a sticker on the space and you get a prize for getting a bingo. The prizes were either one of the fine cassette tapes I rounded up at the DI or make your own mix. Either only one person got a bingo or people didn't know there were prizes because I still have a lot of cassette tapes and no one made a mix.


One of the bingo spaces was to dance to a song. Jessica dominated that one.


The biggest thanks goes to the band Saint Sebastian's School for Wicked Girls for coming from Provo to play at my party. I loved it so much. I loved watching Micah sing his guts out because the microphone didn't work. I loved that they played their cover of Frosty the Snowman via my request. I love that the cops didn't show up to quiet down the party until the band was already packed and ready to leave so the officer just told Sarah we needed to turn down the music on the laptop because the party was too loud (the laptop was not loud).

I'm not sure that I love that whenever I'm listening to live music I will almost always do what the lead singer says. If they say clap I clap. If they want me to sing, I sing. If they want me to dance in front of everyone at my party even though after seeing footage of myself dancing at Halloween I vowed never to dance in public like that again, I danced. Thanks to Drew, Sarah, and Sereta for joining in with me. Sorry to everyone who had to watch...


I loved my party. I can't stop saying thank you to everyone that came. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. I'm still pretty happy about it. And I have a ton of great new mixes for my car. Mission Accomplished.

2 comments:

The Payne family said...

That looks like such a great birthday! I really wish I could have come. You really know how to throw um!

Sarah said...

Those mixed cds certainly did come in handy for th 6 hour car ride until the diskman's batteries died.